Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sunshine at midnight

We were in Alaska a few years' back and it was during the summer time so presumably I've already seen the white nights. Maybe I went to sleep early. Maybe they weren't the same. Maybe I just don't remember. Or maybe, the midnight sun in Alaska just wasn't as memorable.

Regardless, there is something both magical and unsettling about this phenomenon....walking home from dinner last night at almost 11 p.m. (following a three-hour meal including horseradish vodka!) from Gogol (I can't remember the name of the recent movie about the Indian man named after Gogol) in almost complete day light.  I kept checking my watch.  Can't be. Sun shining over the cathedrals and frescos and spires and it is way past our bedtime.

Awakening at 3 a.m. desperate for water (the revenge of the horseradish vodka) and it is still light out.

Photos later. We are in a new hotel with old computers.  I need time to figure out the technology ~


Added some photos...all taken between 10:40 - 11:30 p.m. from the canals.



No comments:

Post a Comment