Friday, June 14, 2013

Why are you going to Russia?

The title of this debut blog reflects the most common response I've gotten over the past 9 months as Brent and I have been planning our trip to Russia. I find this question fascinating on several levels and the answers are many: 1. During most of my lifetime, Russia has been the other "super power." I am terribly curious about this country, which has the same power our country has had to destroy the planet with the press of a red button. What are those other super power people like? 2. My grandfather, Manuel Zimberoff, immigrated from Russia when he was 3. Brent's grandfather Sam came over when he was about 11. Our roots are planted in that foreign soil. Our history started there. 3.Who wouldn't want to check out the Kremlin? After all of the James Bond movies and Jason Bourne thrillers, being there in person has to be a bucket-list experience. 4.St. Petersburg is supposed to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. 5. Vodka is cheap and caviar is abundant. I plan to indulge in both. 6. We could use points for both airfare and hotels! So...that's why. I haven't blogged since our return from New Zealand ~ I'm feeling a bit rusty, but also up for the challenge. Stay tuned. The next post will detail our not-surprising travel disaster thus far!

2 comments:

  1. Not sure my first comment got through. Hope you are now in Russia. Eager to read the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see a first message...but received this one. I hope to be as inspring, informative and photogenic as you have been! You set quite a high bar missy!

    ReplyDelete